Social Ink specializes in converting your organization’s website from a traditional website to a Content Management System.
What is a Content Management System (CMS)?
A web content management system (WCMS or Web CMS) is content management system (CMS) software, usually implemented as a Web Application, for creating and managing HTML content. It is used to manage and control a large, dynamic collection of Web material (HTML documents and their associated images). A CMS facilitates content creation, content control, editing, and many essential Web maintenance functions.
Usually the software provides authoring (and other) tools designed to allow users with little or no knowledge of programming languages or markup languages to create and manage content with relative ease of use. (wikipedia)
What does this mean for your website?
A CMS essentially acts as a “middle-layer” between server and user, ensuring benefits on both end.
On the user side, once we create your site for you, the CMS
- Allows all non-technical staff to easily maintain, edit, and add content to the site.
- Allows you to do most updating in-house, eliminating the need for monthly web development fees.
- Creates an easy to use hierarchy for allowing different users different roles on the site.
- Creates a smoother flow between in-house data management and online management.
- Eliminates need for organizational staff to worry about technical details and coding and focus only on content.
On the server end, Content Management Systems ensure:
- Dramatic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) benefits, including automatic metatagging, keywords, and dynamic text.
- Forward and backward compatibility with older and newer browsers and web standards
- Complete validation with web standards, ensuring access across poor bandwidth, inclusion in search engines, and the like.
- Allows us to quickly change something without redoing the site. Want the font size bigger? We can do it across your entire website in 10 minutes instead of 2 hours, like before.
What open-source Content Management Systems has Social Ink worked with?
We’re worked with: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and others for straight CMS. We’ve done press and journals using OJS. For CMS-Ecommerce integration, we’ve worked with Magento, OSCommerce, Shopify, and others. Whatever you need, we can probably work with you.
Rebuilding your website in older code (HTML) instead of newer markup (XHTML/CSS) prevents your site from its maximum impact. Won’t you switch today? Contact us to discuss a CMS migration!